Sunday 27 May 2012

A frightfully indulgent me weekend!

 This weekend DH has given me a fabulous treat- a whole weekend to myself at home. He has taken the brood camping to meet up with his father- due to my working both Friday and Monday- it would have eaten into the weekend so much to 'wait' for me- so off they went...
Well what can I say- the above photo gives a hint- read my magazine, done some cross stitch (which has stayed out all weekend and has been popped down with the needle stuck through it-without any worry of grubby fingers or losing needle), really good book on the go (Septimus Heap), done some laundry, felt the need to walk through the kids paddling pool, watched a couple of DVDs which I have had sitting on the shelf for an age (Kings Speech and Time Travellers Wife) ......
.....  and then, because I felt so guilty I have primed all the woodwork in the hallway (ALL!) and glossed five doors - am trying to tell myself that I 'could' fit in painting the skirting too but I'm Not Listening! HA! Have an alternate long list for the evening.
 My other treat was to go into the City by myself!!!!! I probably only go once a year and it has been with the kids in tow- so.... I got changed into a skirt and strappy sandals and put on some jewellry!!And off I went- we have had some vouchers for M&S hanging around for 18 months (!!!) and I was determined that it was time to spend them- so I splashed out on a new all season duvet for us- complete with some new linen- I really like the hotchpotch look- although it is a little more floral than it looked in the packet- so I hope DH will tolerate when he comes home and sees the bedroom turned into a English Country Garden! And then being the total mummy- I bought socks and pants for the boys, pants for daddy, shoes and hair accessories for FI, a birthday present for our godson......
And meanwhile the children did this.......

3 comments:

  1. A whole four days to yourself...and you did painting!! I dream of having that long to myself and all the things I would do, but in reality I would probably waste half of it by moping ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably end up doing something similar if I had so much time to myself. I love that duvet cover, I hope your husband liked it, I would not be able to put something like that on our bed, my hubby would hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well DH tentatively likes it- but if asked in the shop would have said no...
    Batteries definitely feel refreshed anyway

    ReplyDelete