Wednesday 23 May 2012

Big People (ish) post

 Work in progress- my jubilee cross stitch which I am now trying to power my way through- have been doing an hour or so every evening. The bottom two thirds is now finished- apart from one guardsman bearskin and am now building Buckingham Palace (the building- not the writing of course!!)- frustratingly most in cream- so you do quite a lot but don't get the overall "I've really added to this" feel. Of course the flip side of this is my crochet squares are suffering- am at about 110 now and have had to succumb to a tally chart on the coloring combinations- in order to make sure I mix them well
SJ is playing a little with crocheting- he is pretty good at chains and double crochet- but then feels the need to 'adapt' it a little and gets himself literally tied in knots- he is determined to turn a 90 degree corner rather than a 180 and keeps talking about making me a phone case-bless.

Well  we have just made a big splurge (?midlife moment)- we have sold the caravan (for a ridiculously good price amazingly) and have changed it for a Motorhome- the idea, amongst others, that I might actually drive this -whereas I know I would never have towed the caravan. So need to do a bit of money jiggling- but it does mean we can downgrade the main car to a small family......

1 comment:

  1. The jubilee cross stitch is really lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete