Sunday 6 May 2012

Finally given in....

 Well- at the moment the sun is shining- the washing is on the line- I've had a cup of tea- feeling a bit like pants- full of cold and very slightly achey- but I'm not giving in!!! We have finally given in to our principles and have bought a trampoline for the back garden- but as I speak the children are all dressed and are almost lined up at the door (nasty mummy said not until after 8am on a sunday morning!!!!)- hopefully lots of outdoor time now..... and the odd bit of brain space for M&D!! I love my children dearly- their infectious excitement and excited chatter- seeing the world through novel, new eyes but I am naturally a quiet contemplative person and just every now and again I crave (and NEED)  a quiet moment.
Traditional Bank Holiday weekend activity- trying to make decisions on a bit of DIY. This is the wall of our hallway- which is a very funnel shaped room- that is very definatly a room as well as the hallway- this wall faces the front door and gets quite a bit of light. We are planning on putting floor to ceiling bookshelves (!!!!swooon swoon!!!!) on the side walls (my library!!!!!) but wanted to make a statement on the opposite wall.....hmmmm like the stripe but could be busy, cream floral looks a bit bedroomy to me and the gold is maybe picking up a little too much dazzle - quite like the taupe with red flowers - that feels like a 'safe choice'- the black is spectacular- maybe too spectacular?? Hmmm- maybe a few cups of tea sitting looking at it.....

3 comments:

  1. Hehe...I was drawn to the 'bedroomy' flowers...lovely and bright :o)

    Hope your feeling better soon

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the taupe with the red flowers, very libraryish - sounds like a fen project, hope you're feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies- taupe with red flowers currently Dhs fav- I think we might go with that- but he wants to look at x1 more shop.....

    ReplyDelete