Sunday 15 January 2012

Quiet January days nesting and Vegging!!

 After a four day stretch at work I have taken the opportunity to veg at the weekend- especially as Daddy took them out and about a fair bit during the week- so I was allowed not to feel guilty at not taking them over the threshold (dancing lesson aside!). Lovely time cooking, colouring and reading stories..... Above is one of my HFW dishes from my Christmas cook book- North African Stew (Squash and lentil with Chick Pea)- really tasty and filling and went down really well in all directions- fairly simple to make as well. Definately going on my repeat list. Made another of his today- Chachouka (Peppers, onions and tomatos with a egg baked into it)- also very nice but not quite so filling- or I need to double amounts (to be fair he did describe it as a lunch/supper dish)- also nearly as colourful.
 The children have also embraced the quiet home days....of course obligatory wear whilst colouring is a Disney Ballgown- my beautiful Belle. They have re-discovered the Stockmar crayons (of course they were there all the time) and have produced picture after picture of glossy loveliness- on a transport theme (not suggested!!)- but we have had cars, trains, submarines.........
and fire engines of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment