Tuesday 4 December 2012

More Important Activities

 Another insidious creeping slow phenomenon that has slowly crept into the house this year has been Scouting......am not sure why I am surprised as it was a big part of my life when I grew up...
FI attended her first Beaver Sleepover this weekend and had a fabulous time- lots of activities and crafting.... a very late night... a visit from Santa- and almost falling asleep on her fathers chest on return (our little sling babe)
Rudolph cupcakes

And in the meantime I got a lovely 24 hours with SJ- as Nanny had swept TP off to her palce for the weekend.....
So SJ and I went to the cinema (Rise of the Guardians- very good), did a little shopping, planned and cooked a special meal together, had a bath with a bath bomb (height of extravagance and luxury!!) and snuggled on the sofa- very decadent and what I wish I could offer each child individually on a regular basis!
We are currently working our way through 'Children on the Oregon Trail'- lovely story but the chapters are really long....FI has fallen by the wayside but SJ is enjoying it. Am thinking of moving onto a Laura Ingall-Wilder next- perhaps the Little House in Big Woods as Christmas is approaching?

No comments:

Post a Comment