Monday 2 May 2011

Easter Folk Weekend

Firstly- this will be a very RARE appearance of me- in a photo that I don't hate THAT much (pretty much can be counted on one hand)- would like to say that the one wearing dandelions is me- but of course that is my little princess in a very bohemian moment- as well as a one-up-man-ship on her mother- who was dubious about making daisy chains with other flowers ( OK OK I admit I couldn't face it........)


Well we enjoyed the gorgeous weather of the Easter weekend at a Folk Festival- a fairly new venture for us. We have always enjoyed the folk music but the meet ups are new in the last year. Interesting- average attendee age probably around 50+- but a fair few families around and a range of kiddie activities. Sjs favourite- MayPole Dancing, FIs Country Dancing and TP- probably circus skills,. M enjoyed some beginners guitar lessons and I went along to a Wind ensemble- where I found myself hopelessly out of practice.



FI kite flying on the glorious lush grass of Uttoxeter Race Course ( don't want to think about the water usage).

We are going to try to get to some more- shifts allowing.........





1 comment:

  1. Lol - I very rarely venture out from behind the lens. It has been a glorious weekend. We will be going to our first festival in July. Really looking forward to it. You all looked as it you had a wonderful time.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete