Thursday 15 March 2012

My works in progress...

 Firstly- yes I know it isn't Christmas! Part of me wondered if it might take that long! Just before Christmas DH bought himself a cross stitch kit of a Lancaster Bomber (fantastically hard for your first ever project)- and it made me remember actually how much I enjoyed a bit of cross stitch- as well as 'proper' embroidery (crewel type etc)- so having spotted a few mini kits in the various sales bins I thought I would give them a try...
 So I think I am officially 'back into it' now- even if I do have to put these away carefully for the next 9 months! I think I am readdy to start something a little more challenging too- although I do have 2 more mini christmas ones too!
My other WIP is my crochet blanket (or small pile of squares that will eventually turn into a blanket)- mini granny type squares. 28 done, 404 to go......hmmmm- quite enjoyable to crochet but sewing in the ends is a bit of a chore (six ends per square- 2416 left to go-yum!)- so I do believe this may be a lengthy project.
Am starting to 'learn' that it is all about having two or three things on the go so you can choose what mood to be in-even if that means having to double up on common crochet hooks etc.

My other WIP is that I seem to have found myself (and DH too- by merit of being dragged in) as a cub leader- so that is using up a fair amount of brain space at the moment- as well as planning projects space- japanese mashed potato bird cake anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment