Sunday 16 October 2011

Finding direction........

 I have been feeling a little like I am floundering in life at the moment- work ticking over, HE ticking over, house ticking over, marriage ticking over- but nothing feeling like it is progressing- stagnation??
Soooooo solution... teeth into new project.
I am a self/U-Tube taught crocheter- not aided by starting off using an American book- which got me going- then switching to Amigurami- which great got me onto patterns until I realised that a) the language was wrong and b) my way of doing circles was Amigurami (ie spirals rather than circles). I have really got into following this lovely blog http://attic24.typepad.com/ and her ripple patterns have got me determined to break into the BRITISH way of crocheting- so hence new book.......

 ripple pattern selected.......
 and started......
and a few colours put together......although not yet definate. All quite budget acrylics- am not yet at the stage that I feel I can splash out on lovely yarn yet. The pattern is actually for a cushion cover but mine is going to be a dolls blanket for DDs pram- as a Christmas present.
Another side effect of that lovely blog is that I am feeling the need to have some colour in my life- am feeling very neutral and blah at the moment- so a new tea cosy and new placemats have entered and were pleasantly welcomed by DH- so maybe he is feeling it too??

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the addictive world of ripples :)
    Have you joined the flickr ripple a long group yet?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that will look fab. Rippling is something I would like to do too...maybe soon. xx

    ReplyDelete