Friday 12 November 2010

Twice in a week?

Wow- twice in a week?? My new strategy is aiming for shorter posts therefore getting past the feeling of it taking a whole evening?? PLUS I have a presentation to write for my work- so any valid procrastination will do.......
Firstly my lovely boy (complete with a graze on the chin) TPK I love you forever -especially on the brief moments I don't want to live in a separate house (he is a shrieker & a squawker)- BUT he is probably my last baby and he is growing up fast..................
A reason why my (just!!!!) 4 year old is not yet ready to be taken to school everyday- bless her- busy week and she fell asleep on my lap whilst having a story read and I wanted to hold her forever- until number 3 had filled his nappy and was waddling around feeling very sorry for himself saying "poo in napnap mumma"- so managed to slip her onto the bed successfully and she had to be woken after an hour.........

More charity shop purchasing- SJ is quite intrigued by the Odyssey book- so will try to hit that one over the next few days. He is also quite into the microscope at the moment (another charity shop purchase)- quite like the idea of 'germs' -which of course M+D are both quite happy to discourse on at length.


FIs Divali hand made at playgroup. I think we will try to observe more festivals over the next year- I have my trusty food,festivals &families book which gives a lot of ideas- but have struggled with rampant toddler quite a lot- I have the eternal expectation that this will 'get easier' as he gets older. The older two are starting to understand the idea of religions and faiths and different beliefs- it is quite interesting how they have setttled into the assumption that they are of the 'Christian' faith- because I do not believe that I have led them that way- however we have had to address it slightly as SJ has just joined Beavers and made his 'promise' which does involve 'loving God'- I am guilty of glossing over that one.......
On the other hand he absolutely loves Beavers and can't wait until Tuesday night comes around- even if I have had to buy him black shoes especially for Church Parade this sunday ( I have made a point of NOT buying black shoes- becasue we don't have to up to now). We get a 'program' for the term- so I am guilty of preparing him for sessions (hate to think of him coming across as lacking- as he is probably the first HE specimen that they have come across).



3 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind me posting on here but I didn't want you to feel bad about the weekend. Aaron is ok, he's just sensitive in new situations - something I should have been better prepared for! I thoroughly enjoyed it and got so much out of it and we shall all definitely be there for the next one - hope to see you there too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, no it wasn't yours that said it either xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting shell- you are the first to 'find me'- as I am still 'practising' on the blogging front. I would have been a little upset to think that SJ might have made that comment and I certainly didn't approve of him (and the others) picking up the handful of stones during the walk- which he got told in no uncertain terms. Aaron is a lovely boy and was so good with all of the LOs- I guess it is a real shame that we didn't all pick up on the fact that he was hurting- I do hope that if he doesn't go next time it is purely down to the age thing rather than this other stuff.....

    ReplyDelete